The CHA F-LOOP 2.0 was designed with portability, ease of use simplicity, ruggedness and high performance in mind. Unlike any other similar antennas on the market, the CHA F-LOOP 2.0 is made with premium materials that are precisely manufactured and assembled in the USA!
This is an exciting new product from Chameleon Antenna. Easily deployable HF magnetic loop antennas, also called small transmitting loops, have been routinely used for many years in military, diplomatic, and shipboard HF communication links, where robust and reliable general coverage radio communication is a necessity.
These antennas have only recently become commercially available for amateur radio. The real practical advantage of the small loop, compared to a short vertical whip tuned against earth or a full sized vertical antenna, is the loop’s freedom from dependence on a ground plane and earth for achieving efficient operation; this unique characteristic has profound significance for portable or restricted space antennas.
In comparison, the bottom of a vertically oriented loop does not need to be more than a loop diameter above ground, making it very easy to install in a restricted space location. There is no significant improvement in sky wave propagation performance when a small loop is installed high; all that matters is the loop is substantially clear of objects in the immediate area and oriented towards the desired direction of radiation.
Field trials of the CHA F-LOOP 2.0 demonstrated that an indoor magnetic loop antenna was only around one to two S-units lower, on both transmit and receive, than an outdoor full size quarter wave vertical antenna. Remarkable for an antenna that is only less than three foot in diameter and covers 3.5 MHz to 29.7 MHz (80 – 10 meter ham bands)!
The magnetic loop is different from typical antennas because it emphasizes the magnetic part of the radio wave (H field) rather than the electric part (E field) of the radio wave. It also has a high Q resonance of around 17 KHz on 40 meters, providing immunity from interference outside the bandpass.
The CHA F-LOOP 2.0 Antenna was designed with weight, portability, versatility and cost in mind and is ideal for RV/camping, hotels, apartments, condominiums, homeowner’s associations, deed restrictions and CCRs (Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions), Shortwave Listening (SWL) and other places where it is not feasible to erect a multi-band wire or vertical antenna. We’re sure you will be amazed by the performance and agree that the CHA F-LOOP 2.0 is the most advanced portable magnetic loop antenna available today.
- 3.5 MHz to 29.7 MHz (80 - 10 meter ham bands)
- Power handling: 10W CW or 25W SSB
- Proprietary solderless aluminum coupling loop. This coupling loop design can be used with any types of coax cable feed-lines. Because of its rigidity, the antenna tuning will remain stable, consistent and will prevent SWR fluctuations due to usual coupling loop deformation.
- The three sections collapsible portable mast allows easy storage, fast deployment and ease of use in all conditions. No need to play with multiple tubular PVC sections to assemble the antenna.
- The bottom of the telescopic mast is equipped with a stainless steel 3/8-24 threaded hole for easy tripod installation on the tuning box 3/8-24 screw.
- The 12’ RG-58 with integrated RFI choke feed-line decouples the coupling loop from the radio which is essential to prevent SWR fluctuation while rotating the antenna or moving the coax cable around.
- Our custom made capacitors which are equipped with a 6:1 reducer, offer a smooth and consistent tuning while providing the highest efficient performance on the market.
- The Condor Mole military bag offers easy storage, transportation and protection for the unit.
- The unit is now equipped with a NEW larger Delrin tuning knob for smoother tuning and operation.
- A 48" diameter Booster Kit Loop for 15M to 40M can be purchased separately.
- The base of the tuning unit is equipped with an aluminum anodized base plate. That base plate can be placed directly on a flat surface or can be mounted on a tripod (14-20 thread or 3/8 through hole for CHA JAWMOUNT installation).
- The CHA F-LOOP Plus 2.0 comes with everything included with the CHA F-LOOP 2.0 + 36” diameter collapsible loop radiator made of two sections of 1” 6061-T6 aluminum alloys pipe + 7" diameter aluminum coupling loop.
The antenna system consists of:
1 X CHA F-LOOP 2.0 tuning box
2 X LMR-400 coax cable radiator
1 X Dual Female connector
1 X 12’ with integrated RFI choke feed-line
1 X Condor Molle Military Bag
1 X Proprietary coupling loop
1 X Telescopic Mast
1 X User guide
Now the SWR can vary depending of location, metallic objects within the immediate vicinity of the antenna and antenna elevation. The elevation above ground was between 1/2 diameter to a full diameter of the F-LOOP 2.0.
15M to 40M
This 146" LMR-400 radiator which comes with the 8" diameter coupling loop, will create a 48" diameter magnetic loop for the CHA P-LOOP 2.0.
The following data has been obtained by using Steve Yates AA5TB (Electronics Engineer from Lockheed Martin Aeronautics) calculator:
|CHA F-LOOP 2.0 & P-LOOP 2.0 Basic Kit (LMR-400)||CHA Boosting Kit (15M to 60M) LMR-400||CHA F-LOOP Plus 2.0 |
|Loop Diameter (34.0591") & Radiator Diameter (0.375")||Loop Diameter (48") & Radiator Diameter (0.375")||Loop Diameter (36") & Radiator Diameter (1")|
|RED COLOR||CHA F-LOOP 2.0 ONLY|
1283 COMMERCE ST