The CHA P-LOOP 2.0 was designed with portability, ease of use simplicity, ruggedness and high performance in mind. Unlike any other similar antennas on the market, the CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is made with premium materials that are precisely manufactured and assembled in the USA!
This is an exciting new product from Chameleon Antenna. Easily deployable HF magnetic loop antennas, also called small transmitting loops, have been routinely used for many years in military, diplomatic, and shipboard HF communication links, where robust and reliable general coverage radio communication is a necessity.
These antennas have only recently become commercially available for amateur radio. The real practical advantage of the small loop, compared to a short vertical whip tuned against earth or a full sized vertical antenna, is the loop’s freedom from dependence on a ground plane and earth for achieving efficient operation; this unique characteristic has profound significance for portable or restricted space antennas.
In comparison, the bottom of a vertically oriented loop does not need to be more than a loop diameter above ground, making it very easy to install in a restricted space location. There is no significant improvement in sky wave propagation performance when a small loop is installed high; all that matters is the loop is substantially clear of objects in the immediate area and oriented towards the desired direction of radiation.
The magnetic loop is different from typical antennas because it emphasizes the magnetic part of the radio wave (H field) rather than the electric part (E field) of the radio wave. It also has a high Q resonance of around 15 KHz on 40 meters, providing immunity from interference outside the bandpass.
The new CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is more rugged, lighter weight, and more weather resistant than previous versions and using the included power compensator, can handle higher power. We’re sure you will be amazed by the performance and agree that the CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is the most advanced portable magnetic loop antenna available today.
- 7.0 MHz to 30.0 MHz (40 - 10 meter ham bands)
- Power handling: 10W CW or 25W SSB
- Power handling with the POWER COMPENSATOR: 30W CW or 60W SSB (MORE INFO ON THE USER GUIDE)
- The CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is weather resistant to dripping water when mounted near vertically.
- The tuning box is equipped with a Picatinny rail for easy assembling of the unit.
- Proprietary solderless aluminum coupling loop. This coupling loop design can be used with any types of coax cable feed-lines. Because of its rigidity, the antenna tuning will remain stable, consistent and will prevent SWR fluctuations due to usual coupling loop deformation.
- The three sections collapsible portable mast allows easy storage, fast deployment and ease of use in all conditions. No need to play with multiple tubular PVC sections to assemble the antenna.
- The rubberized handle at the bottom insures a great antenna grip and an easy thumb tuning when operating the antenna handheld.
- The bottom of the telescopic mast is equipped with a stainless steel 1/4-20 threaded hole for easy tripod installation.
- The 12’ RG-58 with integrated RFI choke feed-line decouples the Faraday coupling loop from the radio which is essential to prevent SWR fluctuation while rotating the antenna or moving the coax cable around.
- Our custom made capacitors which are equipped with a 6:1 reducer, offer a smooth and consistent tuning while providing the highest efficient performance on the market.
- The cotton canvas classic military messenger bag offers easy storage, transportation and protection for the unit.
- The unit is now equipped with a NEW larger Delrin tuning knob for smoother tuning and operation.
- A 48" diameter booster kit loop for 15M to 40M can be purchased separately.
The antenna system consists of:
1 X CHA P-LOOP 2.0 water resistant tuning box
1 X Stainless Steel base adapter 1/4”-20
1 X LMR-400 coax cable radiator
1 X Power Compensator
1 X 12’ with integrated RFI choke feed-line
1 X 100% Cotton canvas classic military messenger bag
1 X Proprietary coupling loop
1 X Folding Tripod
1 X User guide
Now the SWR can vary depending of location, metallic objects within the immediate vicinity of the antenna and antenna elevation. The elevation above ground was between 1/2 diameter to a full diameter of the P-LOOP 2.0.
NOW OFFERED WITH TWO OPTIONS
OPTION #1 = CHA P-LOOP 2.0 with POWER COMPENSATOR - $499.00 + FREE SHIPPING
OPTION #2 = CHA P-LOOP 2.0 without POWER COMPENSATOR - $399.00 + FREE SHIPPING
15M to 40M
This 146" LMR-400 radiator which comes with the 8" diameter coupling loop, will create a 48" diameter magnetic loop for the CHA P-LOOP 2.0.
|CHA F-LOOP Basic Kit||CHA P-LOOP 2.0 15M to 40M Boosting Kit||CHA F-LOOP Plus||CHA P-LOOP 2.0|
|Loop Diameter (30.876") & Radiator Diameter (0.404") Efficiency||Loop Diameter (48") & Radiator Diameter (0.404") Efficiency||Loop Diameter (36") & Radiator Diameter (1") Efficiency||Loop Diameter (34.059") & Radiator Diameter (0.404") Efficiency|
1283 COMMERCE ST